Whitman County Permit Search (Washington)

Clerk Offices in Whitman County, Washington keep public records for a county or local government, including permits. Clerks may be responsible for filing and issuing Whitman County permits, including building permits, land use permits, access permits, utility permits, and special event permits. These permits allow property owners and residents to conduct demolitions and renovations, host temporary events, reserve public property, or conduct land development upgrades. They may also show whether a building meets fire and Whitman County building codes and include the name, date, and purpose of the permit. The Clerk Office provides information on how to apply for a permit or how to check if a permit is valid, and their permit records are typically available online.

Palouse City Clerk Palouse WA 120 East Main Street 99161 509-878-1811

Rosalia City Clerk Rosalia WA 110 West 5th Street 99170 509-523-3151

Whitman County Clerk Colfax WA 400 North Main Street 99111 509-397-6240

Town and City Halls in Whitman County, Washington provide municipal services for their communities, including issuing and filing permits. These permits may be required for building projects, such as renovations, demolitions, repairs, zoning compliance, and land development. In addition to building permits, Town and City Halls may also issue Whitman County land use permits related to private roads, boundary lines, addresses, and water systems, as well as access permits, utility permits, and special event permits. Whitman County permit records can prove that a project has a valid permit, and Town and City Halls can also provide information on looking up permit rules, applying for a permit, or finding approved permits. These permit records are often available online through the Town or City Hall website.

Colfax City Hall Colfax WA 400 North Mill Street 99111 509-397-3861

Colton Town Hall Colton WA 706 Broadway Street 99113 509-229-3887

Endicott City Hall Endicott WA 200 D Street 99125 509-657-3411

Farmington City Hall Farmington WA 203 Main St 99128 509-287-2500

Lacrosse City Hall LaCrosse WA 107 S Main St 99143 509-549-3330

Lamont City Hall Lamont WA 302 8th St 99017 509-257-9810

Oakesdale City Hall Oakesdale WA 105 1st Street 99158 509-285-4020

Oakesdale Town Hall Oakesdale WA 107 Steptoe Avenue 99158 509-285-4020

Pullman City Hall Pullman WA 325 Southeast Paradise Street 99163 509-334-4555

Rosalia City Hall Rosalia WA 110 West 5th Street 99170 509-523-5991

Tekoa City Hall Tekoa WA 419 Washington Street 99033 509-284-3861

Uniontown Town Hall Uniontown WA 110 South Montgomery Street 99179 509-229-3805

Building Inspectors in Whitman County, Washington verify that construction projects meet building codes and regulations. They are charged with monitoring designs, building materials, safety codes, and utilities such as electricity and plumbing. As part of this job, Building Inspectors issue Whitman County permits for new construction, remodels, and renovations. They also issue demolition, relocation, and occupancy permits, including inspection reports. Building Inspectors maintain records and reports on their inspections as well as any permits issued by the inspector. These records contain information about the owners, the property, and the validity of the permit, and they also show violations and work stoppage orders. Building Inspectors provide information on applying for Whitman County permits and permit requirements, and their permit records are often accessible through the Building Inspector website.

Pullman Building Inspector Pullman WA 325 Southeast Paradise Street 99163 509-338-3220

Building Departments in Whitman County, Washington create and enforce building codes to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans, enforce zoning rules, and issue Whitman County building permits. These building permits may be required for renovations, demolition, repairs, land development, and other construction projects. Permits can show if a building meets fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate whether a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project has a valid permit. Building Departments provide information on which projects require a permit, how to apply for a Whitman County permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved building permits on their websites.

Pullman Zoning Pullman WA 325 Southeast Paradise Street 99163 509-338-3213