Iowa County Permit Search (Wisconsin)

Clerk Offices in Iowa County, Wisconsin keep public records for a county or local government, including permits. Clerks may be responsible for filing and issuing Iowa County permits, including building permits, land use permits, access permits, utility permits, and special event permits. These permits allow property owners and residents to conduct demolitions and renovations, host temporary events, reserve public property, or conduct land development upgrades. They may also show whether a building meets fire and Iowa County building codes and include the name, date, and purpose of the permit. The Clerk Office provides information on how to apply for a permit or how to check if a permit is valid, and their permit records are typically available online.

Avoca Village Clerk Avoca WI 401 East Wisconsin Street 53506 608-532-6114

Dodgeville Clerk Dodgeville WI 100 East Fountain Street 53533 608-930-5228

Iowa County Clerk Dodgeville WI 222 North Iowa Street 53533 608-935-0399

Mineral Point City Clerk Mineral Point WI 137 High Street 53565 608-987-2361

Building Departments in Iowa County, Wisconsin create and enforce building codes to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans, enforce zoning rules, and issue Iowa County building permits. These building permits may be required for renovations, demolition, repairs, land development, and other construction projects. Permits can show if a building meets fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate whether a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project has a valid permit. Building Departments provide information on which projects require a permit, how to apply for an Iowa County permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved building permits on their websites.

Dodgeville City Building Department Dodgeville WI 100 East Fountain Street 53533 608-935-9326

Building Inspectors in Iowa County, Wisconsin verify that construction projects meet building codes and regulations. They are charged with monitoring designs, building materials, safety codes, and utilities such as electricity and plumbing. As part of this job, Building Inspectors issue Iowa County permits for new construction, remodels, and renovations. They also issue demolition, relocation, and occupancy permits, including inspection reports. Building Inspectors maintain records and reports on their inspections as well as any permits issued by the inspector. These records contain information about the owners, the property, and the validity of the permit, and they also show violations and work stoppage orders. Building Inspectors provide information on applying for Iowa County permits and permit requirements, and their permit records are often accessible through the Building Inspector website.

Dodgeville City Building Inspector Dodgeville WI 100 East Fountain Street 53533 608-935-9326

Town and City Halls in Iowa County, Wisconsin provide municipal services for their communities, including issuing and filing permits. These permits may be required for building projects, such as renovations, demolitions, repairs, zoning compliance, and land development. In addition to building permits, Town and City Halls may also issue Iowa County land use permits related to private roads, boundary lines, addresses, and water systems, as well as access permits, utility permits, and special event permits. Iowa County permit records can prove that a project has a valid permit, and Town and City Halls can also provide information on looking up permit rules, applying for a permit, or finding approved permits. These permit records are often available online through the Town or City Hall website.

Mineral Point City Hall Mineral Point WI 137 High Street, Ste 1 53565 608-987-2361

Mineral Point Town Hall Mineral Point WI 38 Shakerag Street 53565 608-987-2725

Ridgeway Town Hall Ridgeway WI 6300 Prairie Rd 53582 608-924-2247