Brown County Permit Search (Ohio)

Clerk Offices in Brown County, Ohio keep public records for a county or local government, including permits. Clerks may be responsible for filing and issuing Brown County permits, including building permits, land use permits, access permits, utility permits, and special event permits. These permits allow property owners and residents to conduct demolitions and renovations, host temporary events, reserve public property, or conduct land development upgrades. They may also show whether a building meets fire and Brown County building codes and include the name, date, and purpose of the permit. The Clerk Office provides information on how to apply for a permit or how to check if a permit is valid, and their permit records are typically available online.

Brown County Clerk Georgetown OH 101 South Main Street 45121 937-378-3100

Mt Orab Clerk Mount Orab OH 211 South High Street 45154 937-444-4141

Mayor Offices in Brown County, Ohio provide municipal services for their town or city, including issuing and filing permits. These permits may be required before property owners undertake a building project, including renovation, demolition, and repairs. They may also show whether a building is in compliance with Brown County zoning rules and regulations, authorize land development services, or change boundary lines or private addresses. Mayors also issue Brown County access permits, special event permits, and temporary permits. These permit records demonstrate whether a project has a valid permit, and Mayor Offices provide information on applying for permits, permit requirements, and locating approved or denied permits. Mayor Offices often provide permit information on their website.

Aberdeen Mayor Aberdeen OH 99 Main Cross St 45101 937-795-2212

Georgetown Mayor Georgetown OH 301 South Main Street, Unit 1 45121 937-378-6395

Higginsport Mayor Higginsport OH 400 Washington Street 45131 937-375-4115

Mount Orab Village Mayor Mount Orab OH 211 South High Street 45154 937-444-2692

Ripley Mayor Ripley OH 123 Waterworks Road 45167 937-392-4377

Building Departments in Brown County, Ohio create and enforce building codes to ensure that buildings are safe. They also review and approve building plans, enforce zoning rules, and issue Brown County building permits. These building permits may be required for renovations, demolition, repairs, land development, and other construction projects. Permits can show if a building meets fire codes and other building regulations, demonstrate whether a building is safe to occupy, and they can also be used to prove that a construction project has a valid permit. Building Departments provide information on which projects require a permit, how to apply for a Brown County permit, and the rules for receiving a permit. They may also provide searchable databases of approved building permits on their websites.

Mt Orab Zoning Mount Orab OH 211 South High Street 45154 937-444-6401

Pike Township Zoning Mount Orab OH 2842 Oakland-Locust Ridge Road 45154 937-444-2772